Saturday, May 25, 2013

Five for Friday

Although it is already Saturday where I live, it is still Friday in the U.S. so I figured it isn't too late to share my five random pictures from this week for the Five for Friday linky party hosted by Doodle Bugs Teaching. Here are my five for the week:



1. I donated to the fundraiser that Ashley from Teachers Treasure Chest organized to help the victims of the OK tornado. For a $25.00 Donation, you will receive over $250 worth of teaching products. All proceeds will go to the Red Cross of Oklahoma City. Click on the picture below to make your donation today.



2. After school, I went out to dinner with a group of teachers, locals and expats alike, to celebrate ALMOST being finished! We only have two more full teaching days next week and then one day for Faculty In-service and two half days for an end of the year Sports Assembly, Moving Up Day, and class parties. It's the final stretch, people!


2 1/2. When we first arrived, there was a brown out, so we enjoyed our appetizers by candlelight.



 3. On Monday, I finished two weeks of The Conscious Cleanse by celebrating with
a dinner of some of the foods I had to leave off of my plate during that time (tomatoes, wheat, and cheese). You have no idea how much I was looking forward to this meal!



4. Our final unit in Science is Sunshine and Shadows. We watched a Brain Pop Jr. video on the sun, wrote sun facts, and then painted suns. We swirled together red, yellow, and orange paint to represent the constantly moving gases of the sun.



5. With all of the sun and stars talk, some of my boys choose to work on a space puzzle during free choice time. It was so hard to get a picture that wasn't blurry because they were moving around so quickly trying to find the correct pieces. I loved watching their little minds at work trying to put it together. :)




Happy Weekend, Everyone!









1 comment:

  1. What an awesome experience you must be having. Best of luck with your new blog.

    School is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete