Monday, May 20, 2013

Peace Love Joy

I work at an Episcopal school and every semester each grade level is required to present at our weekly chapel service. If I have learned one thing about Filipinos while living here, it is they like to perform! I am taking this opportunity to proclaim the Philippines as the karaoke capital of the world. I promise you, you cannot attend a social event (including our faculty Christmas and End of the Year parties) without the karaoke machine coming out. And to be completely honest, everyone is an a m a z i n g singer. It must be in the genes. :) 

Anyway, most performances here are over the top and require weeks and weeks of preparation (just wait until you hear about our Christmas Production and Brent Day celebration next year). Somehow through unexpected days off and schedule changes, we ended up having our chapel presentation and our assembly presentation back to back! You can only imagine the amount of dancing we've been doing lately. Because this happened, we decided to keep our chapel presentation as simple as possible. Instead of the normal over the topness as mentioned before, we only performed a dance to the song I've Got Peace Like a River. It is a cute, easy song and the kids loved moving like surfers during the ocean part. I am still kicking myself for forgetting my camera, but you can check out a video of the song below. I will try my best to remember my camera for tomorrow's assembly presentation so that I can share some pictures of that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment